Monday, March 31, 2008

Mischiefmaking into the wee hours of the night


you can't make this stuff up. really, you can't

The scene: 35 minutes to midnight. Lights off. Dark rooms except the light illuminating from my office door. I'm working on the computer. TriniHubby and his dad in the basement watching basketball. The boys in their bed... (or so I think)

I hear a sound that resembles water trickling. I figure perhaps I did not turn off the faucet properly after the baby's bath. I plan to check on the sound, but want to wrap up the email I'm drafting...but I continue to work. I hear this "trickling" intermittently. Off and on. Hmmm. ????? Could it be raining? Might we have a leaky roof?

I continue to type on the keyboard. Eventually, I hear a loud "THUD!" and then the whining whimpering of a child. Sounds like someone fell off their bed. I run to the room with baby who had fallen asleep in my arms still cradled close...I discover....

JBOY!!!! with at least four goo gabs of my of Aquaphor lotion in his hands!!!!!

I'm staring down at the mischievous Mess, in total wonderment over the greasy faced, greasy armed, greasy foreheaded MISCHIEFMAKER standing before me and I notice him wringing the sloshes of emollient in his hands....that wringing sound...that was what I was hearing all that time. NOT WATER RUNNING! I just don't know what goes on in his head when he plans these mischievous activities. Do they start off as planned or just end up that way?

"I wanna wash my hands", he says in his very husky deep voice.

I BURST OUT LAUGHING

The fellah looks up at me with a serious unconcerned face, I mean unconcerned in the sense that he just got busted wasting a good chunk of my $16 14 ounce jar of specialty lotion, prescribed by the pediatrician for his eczema...and there he stood...his hands still wringing,

"What's so funny?" the 3 foot terror asks, stone faced still.

HILARIOUS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mischief scenes like that need to be preserved with a picture! Its amazing what they get into, and how it doesn't phase them one bit to be caught lol.

Anonymous said...

ROFL! that is too funny. Imagine when he's all grown up and you bring up all the things he did as a child.....thankfully you have this blog as proof! LOL

JayJayGhatt said...

so true, Yo! I just can't get over how unfazed he was bout getting busted. Amazing! LOL!

and sommer, those mischiefmakers cannot dare say i made this stuff up. i got it documented