Saturday, September 8, 2007

my family and work life clash



last night, I was supposed to make my way to a VIP event for a colleague, who also manages one of my entertainment clients...

I was congested as all heck cause of the pregnancy, exhausted from lack of sleep, but still felt inclined to go because the president of the organization throwing the event has supported my ventures in the past and is a client himself.

These days, I'm inclined to put self and family first unlike two years ago this time, when you would see me and my big belly in every nightclub, fashion event, and party I needed to accompany my Public Relations clients to...

I've been a no-show for over 10 events because of family and am beginning to wonder whether I have to choose FAMILY OR CAREER.

In order to grow my business, I really have to be out there at networking events, being a member or chair of professional association committees and just out there.

BUT I AM TIRED. I NEED TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH THE KIDS ACTIVELY, and not passively (just in their presence) as in the past.

MAYBE I JUST NEED TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH GOD, myself and a dim room thinking, meditating, praying on these things and hopefully the answer will come.

ME= IN A FUNK! *sigh*

No comments: