Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Wednesday Folly: pick your battles


sometimes...you just gotta let stuff go once in a while for the sake of sanity. Since Mischiefmaker#2's been in school, he's picked up an interesting habit of asking what EVERYTHING IS...all good. He repeats your answer and I assume stores it in his little toddler memory bank for later.

We want to satisfy the natural curiosity in the child right? But sometimes, he gets stubborn and does not want to believe in a certain answer. Case in point, me and the little fellah had the following exchange this week:

Mischiefmaker#2: Mommy. Mommy. What's that? (pointing to an image in a book)
Me: It's a clown.
Mischiefmaker#2. No. It's a train.
Me: NO baby, it's a clown
Mischiefmaker#2: Train. Train.
Me: You can call it a train all you want, doesn't change the fact that it's a clown. (um yeah. i had that rational exchange with a 2 year old)
Jarrod: No mommy. Train. Train.
Me: Yes, Train.

Mental note: Correct Baby Mischiefmaker#2's concept of clown later. Tee Heee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing b/c I deal with the same thing, hehe.