

Why pray Lord did the director of J's child care center reprimand me WRONGLY yesterday.
Story: we accidentally let J nap too late Sunday afternoon and after he woke up he couldn't fall asleep until 2:30am. Given then, I let him sleep in Monday and took him to school late that morning. THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME THAT HAD EVER HAPPENED. EVER.
When I go to pick up J, she tells me "You can't be bringing him here at 11:30 everyday. He doesn't get a chance to play with the other kids."
I tell her. "Um. He's come at 11:30am ONCE. TODAY. Everyday he's been here, he has arrived between 8:30 and 9am." I give her the scrunched eyebrow, "what da hell are you talking about?" look.
She looked back at me bewildered. Returned a shriveled brow. "Oh" she replies. She shook her head but conspiciously, forgot to APOLOGIZE for wrongly reprimanding me, A grown adult woman!
It really bothered me especially because on more than one morning, we've seen this woman as I drop J off. I've brought him so early, he had to go to the early arrivers room and SEEN HER IN THERE. I know there are over 200 children at her center, but there aren't that many black parents. I think she'd remember me.
This MORNING. I see her and ask her where she got the impression that I bring my child in late everyday. AGAIN, SHE DOESN'T APOLOGIZE FOR WRONGLY REPRIMANDING ME AND MAKING ASSUMPTIONS THAT BECAUSE I BROUGHT HIM IN ONCE, I MUST DO THAT ALL THE TIME.
Okay, I'm glad I got that off my chest. I won't make anymore a big deal of it.
Hmpf!
No comments:
Post a Comment