Sunday, July 15, 2007

Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?

We headed to Sesame Place theme park in Pennsylvania Friday for a day trip. It's a smaller sized amusement park for toddlers and young kids like between 1 and 7 years old.

Unfortunately, me and my hubby don't know how to leave early for ANYTHING!!! We didn't hit the road for our 2-hour trip until after 1pm!!! Of course, what do we run into 1 hour into the trip? What else? RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC!!!! THREE HOURS worth of it! We didn't reach the the park until way too late than I care to confess. We stayed a little bit, but purchased two-day passes and decided to stay the night. We checked into the Sheraton across the street after driving to all the hotels in the area. Surprisingly, the 3 1/2 star hotel was the cheapest, even cheaper than the Holiday Inn Express. After Dave's work discount kicked in we were looking at half the price!! woo hoo! that man's a keeper! and stayed the night.

We passed Philadelphia on the way there. It's only 20 minutes outside of Philly in Buck's Town, PA.
Me and Caleb in our hotel room.
Dave and the boys in the hotel.
Drifting in the wade pool. The water was cold. Dave and Jarrod looked on. The first day was pretty chilly and was quite overcast so it was a good thing we made it back the next day when it was 87 degree and sunny all day.
I know it's cold but come on, loosen up Caleb...ah he reminds me of myself when I was a kid.
Jarrod coming off the 20 foot slide. Caleb was so cautious, he didn't even want to slide down. I had to throw him down the chute.
Dave and the boys strolling down the promenade on day 2. The park is not as large as the Six Flags, Kings Dominion, types and certainly 1/8 the size of Disney World and Universal Studios type parks. It was perfect for small children.
Caleb had a blast in one of the dozen splash pools.
We got a good spot for one of the two parades.

Big Bird was in the house...
And so was cookie monster...
And Snuffleupagus came thru in Balloon form.
Elmo got the most applause of course...he was escorted by Zoe...
Bert and Ernie were rockin and rollin...
As was The Count....
Big Bird Balloon floated by...
We played some carnival games and won some prizes...I beat out 4 other competitors in the whack a monkey game...I was excited...Dave said the other folks didn't have a chance. He said, "You were the only one with your face 6 inches from the monkeys whacking away like a professional" Those other folks flailed and clumsily whacked trying to keep up..HAHAHAHA ! AMATEURS...I wish there was a professional competition I could enter...finally, a sport I could excel in!
Jarrod figured out a faster way to knock down the furry shapes...
This was a huge jungle gym in the sky...connected with rope mesh...It's for kids and not necessarily for the kid at heart. I cannot believe how many out-of-shape parents thought it would be a good idea to accompany their kids in this thing. They had a hard time trying to get out...you'd be eating lunch on one of the picnic tables below and see someone's mom crouched in a mesh crevice looking like "how the heck I get outta here"...you should have seen em huffing and puffing and sweating like pigs when they got out...
Caleb at the top of the slide, Jarrod's going down, Dave is cheering the boys on...
The flying fish Elmo ride was Caleb's favorite
The large air mattress was like a giant moon bounce...
This kid adopted Caleb as his big brother and followed him everywhere in the foam play pit

We left one night, 7 fun-filled day hours and over $500 broker later (*sigh* this was supposed to be a cheap day trip), we drove home exhausted but filled with fun memories!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate to admit it, but I can't leave early myself. We're always late for something. Now the hubby, that's a totally different story. He's on time for everything, often showing up early. My son was mesmerized by the pictures of the amusement park, wishing and hoping he could some how teleport himself there now.