Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Just Say No to Alcohol


Funny story.

At some point when we had out of town guests in for DC Carnival, they decided it might be wise to cart some VODKA downtown to mix with their chasers. I guess to get their "buzz on" down the road. Eh heh!

Call it trying to relive their old reckless crazy college days, nah?

So, someone (my husband) thought it would be wise to pour a few ounces of VODKA (just enough for these old heads) into an empty 12 ounce WATER BOTTLE!

Needless to say, THESE 30-something parents and responsible workers don't have the same livers from their college days (get my drift) and half of that Vodka made it back home and miraculously into MY refrigerator.

I was the first to be fooled on a thirsty hot day last week when I opened the fridge grabbed the first half full water bottle I could get my hands on. .. YAK!!*gag* *cough* spit.

"What da....DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE!!!"

SO... Dave removed it from the fridge and put it downstairs by the bar.

Victim Number 2: Caleb.

Yup. poor child. Thirsty, while playing in the basement asked dad for some water, Sunday. Dave instructed him to come upstairs, grab a cup out the rack of clean dishes in the dishwasher and pour himself water from the water cooler in our dining room.

Caleb, not wanting to go through all that rigmarole, figures, "heck, I'll just grab a swish of this water sitting here on the bar."

DOH!!!

next thing we know he runs upstairs *gag* cough *spit* tongue hanging out! *gasping*

Me: DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE!!!! (*patting the boys back, wiping his tongue with a wash cloth*)

Dave: oH GOSH, the boy go be *drunk* with hang over on his first day of camp tomorrow.

poor baby. I couldn't help but crack up tho. It was funny.

6 comments:

Natasha C said...

hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

LOL too funny!!! Umm does someone need a sharpie?

JayJayGhatt said...

yes. it was funny. i think a sharpie is what i need!

D Trini in Me said...

LOL, this was too, too funny. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Cracking up!!!

La said...

OK. Can I just say every post has me laughing out loud.