I don't know what this says about the state of my relationships with my IRL (in real life) friends, but I have yet to announce to them what I am sharing here with the various readers, visitors and virtual strangers that visit or bump into this blog each day:
Mischiefmaker # 3 is on its way!!!!!
Due to debut January 2008. A true "blessing" and "gift" from above we were NOT expecting as I was dutifully preparing to get fit and hot for Trinidad and Tobago carnival in February 2008. This puts a wrinkle in the plan, but oh well...God has other plans for us at times.
So, there was a hint of this anticipated new addition to the mischiefmaker family in the second icon in my brand spanking new header I designed myself.
------
in other news: This week, I have been amazed by the depth and level of Jarrod's vocabulary and his understanding of putting words in context. I was most impressed when he noticed a crying child and said to me "mommy, ee's cying". Then on the way to the grocery store, he told me "turn here" What?!? You too want to give me driving directions? Finally, while in the store, a loud vent came on next to where we were standing at the time and he responded, "Whoa, what's dat?" Whenever he sees a Volkswagen in the street or parked somewhere, he says "mommy, Daddy's here" which is what we say when we see the Passat Dave drive's parked in the driveway as we come home.
He knows words and concepts I didn't teach him and I'm sure he picked up from books, videos, his dad and I guess hearing us talk. Such a bright bright boy at 2 years 3 months. Caleb and his cousin Yasmine didn't string together those types of words and concepts until well after they had turned 3.
Unfortunately, when he sees pictures of himself, he calls himself "baby". Everybody else has a name. Him, he's the baby! Poor kid's in for a rude awakening when this other boy/girl comes and knocks him off his coveted baby pedestal in a few months.
12 comments:
congratulations!!!
I hope you will still stick around in carnival losers to motivate the rest of us (whenever everyone come out of hiatus)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats! I want another mischiefmaker, but alas, too soon.
Congrats!!!!! :) very exciting! I have a funny feeling it will be a boy! ;)
how are you feeling?
Another mischiefmaker! What a blessed event! So you won't be in T&T for Carnival 2008, but all the bloggers will certainly have a drink and a jump up for you.
Congratulations!!!
(This is my first time commenting, but I do read you daily.)
Congratulations! We could always do with more mischiefmakers!!
Ib, of course, I'm great at telling other ppl what they should be doing. I think it's the type A, virgo, eldest child in me.
Tiff, gurl pace yourself, you mess around and will end up with two under 2 in diapers. what a challenge!
Thanks Shaz, something tells me, it may be, but b/c I'm having totally different symptoms (e.g. no vomiting and little nausea and less extreme weight gain), I'm optimistic and hopeful, but still realistic. I'll take another healthy anything.
Gatorgirl, I'm okay with yall jumping and drinking for me, I might just throw some hate darts your way once in a while, but I'll be okay!
no longer anon, thanx for visiting and posting. and thanx for the congrats!! comment more often!
squeezle, yes friend, mischiefmakers make the world an interesting place. the more the merrier! :)
Congrats, JJ! Wow! After experiencing the vacation from hell where I travelled to NY (from Trinidad) for 10 days just me and the girls (ages 4 and 22 months), the idea of another michiefmaker over here is giving me a nervous tic.
Better you than me, girl! God BLess!
Yeahhh Congrats!!! Great job on the header too :)
'rah!! hahaha...i know your pain, but when the shock and trauma from that trip wears off, you gonna join me. i got lots of "boy" vibes to send your way!
Yo, thanks! I'm soooo behind in Shaz's course. it got overwhelming and I fell by the wayside, but I'm going to try to get back on track this week!
Congrats!!! Oh my goodness! The same thing happened to me. I thought I was done having kids. I was working out, doing Bikram yoga, spinning, kick boxing, etc., and then a surprise... nine months later, Mademoiselle. Ruined my plans and threw me completely off. Though I'm still recovering, she is truly a blessing.
Congratulations! :-)
Post a Comment