Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Flashback Thursday

This will be a new segment I invite other bloggers to join in and do the same on Thursday....it's a great way to fill a writer's block...anyway the idea is to post a photo from back in the day (wearing your tube socks, hot pants, roller skates and roller girl flip hair do) or even from a year or two ago (carting around your new baby)

Why?

....for the sake of comment and commentary

....or just for reflection and nostalgia


Here is my first!

commentary: I used to make a collage each month for my first child, many of them were themed. I even filled out a baby book for the first 9 months and took loads and loads of pictures. Every month, because I had more disposable income back then, I shuttled the boy to the photo studio for his monthly professional photo session...I wanted to document it all! His first words...first time rolling over...

the second kid...less than a 1/2 of the photo session. Who am I kidding, he's had only two! tsk. tsk. I have replaced the photos in the dining room with photos of him, but Caleb still overpowers that wall.


We still dote over him and try to do the same academic and fun activities we did with Caleb, though admittedly, we don't do as much. Luckily for us, he is just as bright, inquisitive and eager to learn and please us! Perhaps, this is a condition of being a second child and having to fight for a place and stand out and be noticed. Who knows.

if if have a third boy...i fear he may be relegated to third child of same sex status.

I know if it's a girl, there will be all this fresh start feelings and I will be so anxious to shop for girlie stuff and dress and photograph her...

*sigh*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to participate, but don't know how to post my picture. I'm so computer illiterate.

Anonymous said...

I remember each and every one of those Caleb pictures :)

I've recently had a bit of an epiphany. If we do have boy #3 someday it just means that I am meant to raise strong, intelligent black men for the world. They are a dying breed and we are performing remarkable work with all of our boys. But you know I'm still praying and hoping for you to have lots of pink this time!

JayJayGhatt said...

doh! traci! i was thinking like how ppl do wordless wednesdays on their own blogs, we can start a back in time thursday when you either post an old pic or talk about vintage fashion or vintage whatever is your blog theme.

yup, Yo! We're destined to replenish the earth with hearty, strong, men. Yes, Pink! We'll know in 3 short weeks!

*Tanyetta* said...

it's a girl! :)

p.s. i'm impressed that you have a layout. i am a slacker. :(