Tuesday, August 14, 2007

the baby is growing up too fast!!!

*sniff* he's going off to school ALREADY!!!

Jarrod is supposed to start nursery school next week! I'm so excited for him and I know he is ready for an organized classroom experience because he always wants to stay at Caleb's class or camp class whenever he comes with me to drop Caleb off. I'm excited, anxious and saddened to see him go. It's bittersweet. *sniff* but I know it's the right thing and right time. I am so looking forward to a full day to work so I don't have to multitask and try to split my time with them and work any longer.

*Sniff* he's leaving the diapers behind *sniff*

He is being potty trained and after reading two Elmo potty books and another potty book, he quickly caught on to the concept and voluntarily drops his training pants and wee wees in the potty. We have yet to accomplish a successful poop session, but we're getting there.

*sniff* he prepares his own snacks *sniff*


He goes in the dishwasher, pulls out a plate, opens the fridge, takes out a snack or fruit and proceeds to help himself to putting the snack on the plate...then he goes to the table and tears down. We are amazed when we see him do this. He drinks from a cup (albeit messily) and not a sippy cup. He is amazingly INDEPENDENT for a 2-year old I think.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah THE BABY IS GROWING UP TOO FAST!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!

---------
in other news. I'm back from the trip and will upload pics here later today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey JJ..no need to worry about the babies growing up too fast...you have another on the way!!!...hehehehehe

Anonymous said...

He has to grow up, sweetie, another one is on its way. I know it's so hard to let them go.

Anonymous said...

great job on the potty training. we just started! i guess we'll see how that goes..and yes very independent for a 2yr old!

Anonymous said...

Awww our babies just aren't babies anymore!!! Isn't it amazing how quickly things change? I'm still amazed looking at how our boys have grown. Kindergarten and nursery school whew.

JayJayGhatt said...

no longer anon and traci, this is true, but still...he has 5 months of being the baby and he doesn't know that.

thanx dana, I think it helps that he is always trying to be like his big brother and always in the mix when we're reprimanded his big bro to go to the potty himself

yo, i know. where does the time go? *sigh*