Friday, August 31, 2007

Kindergarten Bootcamp and New Blog

UPDATE: OKAY...I'VE CHANGED MY MIND ON THE FOLLOWING PREGGERS-INDUCED PSYCHOSIS THAT WAS THIS MORNING'S POST...THNX TO SOME E-FRIENDS WHO TOLD ME I MAY SCARE CALEB INTO HATING SCHOOL...

NOW INSTEAD, WE WILL TAKE A FRIENDLY AND CASUAL APPROACH AND DO AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE AS HE WANTS...

so Caleb starts Kindergarten next Thursday (1/2 the class goes), he's off Friday and starts full fledge on the following Monday...

me being the slacker mom have done like 2 pages of the 30+page Summer packet we got at the end of Pre-K to prepare the kids for Kindergarten. DOH!!!

so, in true college style, I have cleared my schedule to do a cram session next week! Yes, I 'm serious. Us slacker moms must do what we have to do. Tee hee.

Location: Local Library, away from the computer and television so I don't even have to deal with temptation in his face

On the agenda, in case anyone wants to do their own boot camp:

1. Practice letter writing

2. Word match up games for reading

3. Reading as many of the following words (at, be, big, but, by, can, come, did, do, does, five, for, four, from, get, had, has, have, he, help, her, here, him, his, I, if, in, is, it, just, like, little, look, make, me, my, no, not, of, on, one, out, pretty, say, says, said, see, she, so, some, that, the, them, then, there, they, this, three, to, too, two, under, up, walk, was, we, what, when, where, who, will, yes, you, your, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, orange, red, green, blue, yellow, white, brown, black, brown, purple, pink, twelve, eleven, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December) PHEW!!!

4. Reading at least two selections from a list of (a) fiction, lik brown bear, brown bear, Arthur books, Dr. Seuss; (b) nonfiction like About Reptiles, Around the World; Who's een Here etc; (c) poetry, like ; (d)) nonfiction science social studies and math books; (e) magazines, like Jack an Jill, Weekly Reader.

I KNOW IT MIGHT BE TOO MUCH FOR THE KID AND I HOPE TO DO JUST 3 HOURS A DAY BROKEN UP INTO 20 MINUTE SESSIONS EACH.

--------
check out my new PREGNANCY BLOG.....BELLYITCH

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

30+ pages? Good lord, that is a ton of work! Here I am just pleased that Girlie can spell and write her name...sometimes. :-P Good luck with that.

JayJayGhatt said...

dee, i've changed my mind with the help of other electronic friends who told me I was insane and overreacting (prolly cause of pregnancy hormones)

i think we'll just do the best we can and not obsess.

*Tanyetta* said...

hey jj,

i'm so glad people sent you words of encouragement to not get too overwhelmed with it all. i know that i'm going to be a nervous wreck once dj starts kindy, so you are helping me through your life :)

p.s. they really need to know all that by kindy??????? i'm scuuuured :)

SHA said...

Like your site! Congratulations on your girl. I have a son (almost 11) and a daughter (almost 5).
Always on the lookout for AA women bloggers. Looked around and will add you to my daily reads.

Shigeta