I love how welcoming and easy it was to get into Canada. I didn't even have to show an ID. The people are nice, cordial and wonderful! Niagra Falls went great! The boys slept most of the trip. We're off to the parade.I left the camera, but will borrow a digital from our hosts cause this peep and press disposable wilL NOT DO!
HELP ME OUT HERE DEAR READERS!
My hubby thinks my sister is the only one who carries hot sauce in her purse. I tried to EXPLAIN TO THE MAN...that is a tradition, perhaps one among Americans, maybe among Black AMerican women, and those from the south, but Hot sauce is a staple condiment. It is so much so that people can't eat a meal without a sprinkle of sauce.
When one eats out, there is no guarantee that hot sauce will be available, and women over the years have taken to the habit of carrying a small bottle of Tobasco, pepper sauce or packets of sauce in their purses for HOT SAUCE EMERGENCIES.
He say NO. mY CRAZY family, read: my crazy sister, is the only one in the world. After a google search, where I post other people mentioning it, he still is NOT CONVINCED it is as widespread as I say.
maybe he'll believe others. anyone have a post, link or site to point out to the man...btw: he thinks I use the internet to husband bash him.
I DON'T KNOW WHERE HE GETS THAT NOTION! * me fluttering my angel wings. halo shines above head*
6 comments:
JJ,
I'm not a hot sauce junkie, but I have two friends-one American, one Mexican-who never leave home without it!
Never heard of this phenomenum
Patti Labelle is known for carrying hot sauce in her purse wherever she goes. Not sure how common it is but apparently its not completely unusual.
thanks guys. this is a good start! but something tells me the man will not be convinced!
Okay, this post is funny so I decided to share it with the hubby, thinking he would get a laugh out of it too. And, do you know what this idiot says to me?! "That's actually a good idea, honey." You can carry some in your purse for me. I should add that he loves hot sauce and has to put it on any type of meat before he eats it. You know this makes me mad because it ruins the flavor of a meat I took the time to marinade.
As a peppermouth Trini, when I lived in NY you better believe I walked around with my peppersauce in my purse or backpack (when I was in college)!
Post a Comment