Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wednesday Folly: Naughty boogers & Vegas Pics


NAUGHTY BOOGERS

Caleb got a bad bad report card from his various caregivers when I was away...something about hurling a keyboard and mouse at my mom's house across the room when he was frustrated with his computer game. My dad called me in Vegas to tell me he was at my front door to pick up the family remote control that Caleb stashed away in his backpack before leaving my mom's on Friday. Then I hear he talked back to both grandmas on two different days and was letting go all sorts of divo attitude! We're going to have to reel in this bad behavior.

What in da Mary, Joseph, Jesus!!!! That boy done gone and lost his mind...as the old southern folks used to say!

Right now, he is banned from the computer and we're staging an aggressive intervention. I refuse to raise a spoiled brat. I see how my brother turned out, being spoiled rotten by my parents, and I am not trying to go there! Hmprph!

--------
In other news, I think I'm thoroughly done napping and catching up on sleep and can finally get productive. Transcontinental travel and jet lag can really mess up sister!

HERE ARE A FEW PHOTOS of the weekend:

THE SCENERY:The view from the walkway between our hotel Bally's Hotel and Casino and the world famous Bellagio. That's The Flamingo, where Toni Braxton is performing nightly.
The pool at Bally's where we lounged on Saturday for 6 hours straight, sunbathing, wadign in the pool, taking in the eye candy (compliments of the NABJ convention)
The world famous Bellagio which has the dancing water display every quarter hour. The first time I came to Vegas was on the dime of my first law firm. aaaah. Those were the posh days. The second time, it was the Egyptian themed Luxor Hotel, which was weird to be staying in a Pyramid. We didn't get a chance to hit up the ultra posh, exclusive and expensive Wynn hotel which I visited last year, and which is the hottest new hotel. We saw them construction the Wynn II while we were there and some other Italian theme resort which is slated to be better than The Wynn.

THE CELEBRITIES:
Oleta Adams sang her hit: Get here if you can at the Unity 08 Kick Off party at the Bellagio Saturday night...
Barack Obama spoke Friday night...couldn't sneak in b/c of tough security, but a couple of the girls who were actually registered for the convention managed a few grainy photos.
MC Lyte rocked all her hits at a charity party on Friday night. Too bad, the party was pretty lame and we discovered too late that all the hot and beautiful people were lounging at the hotel bar instead!A really grainy and far away pic of radio personality Tom Joyner who hosted the Unity 08 kick off party Saturday...


THE GIRLS:
Newbie to the group Nia, veterans Andrea, LaRonda and me, practicing our skinny girl pose. I tried my best to not look too preggers. Sometimes I succeeded and other times (like here) not so successful.
My J-school crew: Kera, LaRonda (the other mommie), Andrea, me and Shanon

Shanon (MD), Andrea (Baltimore), Kera (Philly) and Nia (Baltimore)
REPRESENT LADIES!!

We learned some awesome new line dances to add to the Electric slide and Cha Cha Slide repertoire. I had a blast getting some butt work out doing the Cupid Shuffle (check this link)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun pictures- look like you had a fabulous time. Your little Divo only lost his mind temporarily he'll find it again very very quickly I'm sure.

JayJayGhatt said...

yup!! fun time. I think...um hope? Divo will straighten up...for the sake of his hide and my sanity! :D