
This is a classic. My mom taught me how to tie him on my back African style. The makers of the Maya Wrap, the Over-the-Shoulder-Baby Holder, the Baby Bjorn TOTALLY stole this idea from indegeneous people from Africa, Asia and Native "Indians", but it's all good.
Mine was Free. And I remember how Caleb used to fall asleep within minutes of being put up on my mom's back. We hypothesized, it didn't work for me as well because I didn't have enough fat on my back to serve as a cushion!! He needed a FAT BACK for the complete behind the back comfort.
Anyway, it was great for doing housework until he got too darn heavy!
6 comments:
Okay, I'm not understanding the physics. How do you get him on? Do you get someone to help you or do you get down like a horsey, put him on your back, and hope he doesn't roll up while you get the tie around?
tee hee! you need someone to help you keep the baby on while you wrap the cloths around.
i guess i should have disclosed that, but I'd rather look like super mom!
So so cute :)
cute cute cute!!! i love the photo! i had to learn to tie him on by myself because no ONE was home most of the time and I needed to get stuff done and he would NOT stop crying. Wearing your baby is the best thing ever invented!!!
p.s. TRUE TRUE TRUE about--The makers of the Maya Wrap, the Over-the-Shoulder-Baby Holder, the Baby Bjorn TOTALLY stole this idea from indegeneous people from Africa, Asia and Native "Indians", but it's all good.
T, you are good girl! no help! wow. all praises. i can't wait to do it again! why don't you join me? hahahhaha!
Fourteen years ago, when I first started going to African braiding shops to get my hair done I immediately fell in love with the way they carried their babies around. Now, I said the same thing you did; they stole that idea from the women in Africa. I wish knew how to tie Mademoiselle on my back. This little girl is a busy body.
Post a Comment