******Bleeeeeeeeeeeeepp**************************************
We interrupt this regularly scheduled blog to bring you an off topic RANT:
It's 11:47pm and I can't believe I am still steaming mad because my beloved husband just tossed out that awesome Tandoori onion and tomato sauce I blogged about preparing yesterday for Easter dinner. It was so savory and flavorful, having simmered and stewed for nearly an hour. Everyone said so, not just me.
My mouth watered this afternoon as I walked down to the kitchen to warm up some leftovers for lunch. I was looking forward to that sauce over a plate of couscous. Couldn't find it anywhere in the fridge or kitchen.
I call Dave at work and he tells me he poured it out at 8:30 am this morning b/c he knew I had prepared it around 2pm the day before and he forgot to pack it up with the other leftovers last night.
Anybody whose ever had somebody rip out their hopes and desires for some good Tandoori onion and tomato sauce (or some other delicacy) would appreciate my outrage over being robbed of a food "grubbing" moment!
Half way thru my irate tirade to him how it is an acidic dish and heating it to high tempature would have killed any bacteria, but even if it didn't I was ready to risk food poisoning cause that darn sauce was THAT good....he muttered "I can't listen to this right now while at work" and hangs up the phone.
He knows I don't cook often and this is NOT the way to encourage me to keep it up. I MEAN there's starving people in Africa, Trinidad and heck the United States, and the brother goes and waste a good tupperwear full of good sauce!
I called my law partner, sister, mother and anyone else who might empathize. They laughed a little at my pain, but overall they all agreed that he was wrong to just throw away my sauce like that, at least without clearing it with me first. Maybe, after this entry, I'll feel some closure on this issue and move on.... --------------------------Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep------------------------------------
We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog already in progress....
9 comments:
I feel your pain. Andy will never throw out my food, but he will eat it, same disappoinment.
hrmpf! i'm so glad you can empathize. i thought about it again today and got upset. :)
Well I hope he can go buy you some more... for his sake!
ask him how come he didn't call you first..
He didn't call her first b/c he knows his way around a kitchen. Yuh see what happens when you let the hubby thinks he has some authority in the relationship. LOL
latimer, did you say "buy" some more? dey don't sell scrumptious tandoori saute like that in stores. besides, I made up the dish entirely. I'ts a fusion blend of tandoori paste, veggies and few other herbs and spices I threw together. dat was a magical experience whipping that stuff up. at least you're better than my mother who told me to go make some more. yeah right. :)
dre...you know i ask him that and dat's when he hung up the phone.
Natashac, you know you are so right, as much as my feminist/womanist spirit doesn't want to admit it, the boy had no business messing with leftovers like that.
Hi there! :-) I can sooo relate. My Hubby has that annoying must-put-food-in-fridge-immediately-B4-it-goes-bad habit. He'll put any cooked meal in the fridge right away before I've had any, so it's cold & I have to heat it up, grrrr... I also like some foods room temp., like cheese, but he's always monitoring the kitchen & putting it away, *sigh*.
He used to throw out any food that was like just 2 days old before I seriously had it out w him. Now our compromise is, I'm the one who throws out. He just won't eat left overs, LOL!, but I do.
He says it's from being raised in T'dad where he's had a lot of poorly prepared meals resulting in sickness.
Me though, I have an iron stomach.
Girl, I doh make joke when it comes to food. Especially when I've been fantasizing about having it only to open the fridge and find it ...gone! I go crazy! I left home with two younger brothers who will eat anything if it's not under lock and key. Now I have my own house and a husband who thinks anything in the fridge is communal property. And more vex than me when I cuss because the quart of Dulce de leche Haagen Daz ice cream that was calling to me all day at work has only a teaspoon left. "What's the big deal? I'll buy it back," he says. And I want a divorce now.
Thank God he doesn't like cheesecake!!!
Karabana aka Iron Stomach and 'Rah, thanks for feelin' my pain. 'Rah, dat's messed up about leaving a teaspoon.
i don't get it when people do that. you obviously don't care about the next person who lifts the ice cream carton if you're gonna be so bold and brazen as to leave a teaspoon. a teaspoon shouldn't make your conscious feel better that your greedy arse ate the last and last. just scoop it all out and dump the box in the trash, already. save the next person some unearned grief.
crazy!
Post a Comment