THERE SIMPLY ISN'T ANY ROOM IN THIS BASEMENT WONDERLAND THAT MY FATHER AFFECTIONATELY CALLS "TOYS R US -- THE HOME EDITION"...
...well that is until we purge existing toys, which isnt an easy feat. Our last attempt to give away some toys to goodwill did not go well AT ALL.
Caleb and I spent 2 hours shifting through the heap and put aside those toys he didn't think he played with anymore and thought some poorer child might appreciate. After we were done, as I started to load the the pile into a large garbage bag, Caleb interrupted.... backtracking and making excuses to put stuff back. "Um, maybe I'll find the missing piece and can play this game again. No, not dat doggy, I still sleep with that one sometimes."...and so on and so on until....One by one the pile was no more...Hmprf!
7 comments:
oh, I hear ya!
sometimes I ask them, and sometimes I just do it without them... they rarely ever notice anything is missing!!
btw, u're in my post today.
oh yeah, shaz. these pictures are without the 2 bags I gathered up an dropped off at good will. we have ways to go still. :)
thanks for the "shout out" post lady. (*gush*)...thanx for that. smooches from one reader/blogger to the next. :D
now i'm going to check out the others mentioned in that post. i'm so nosy! :)
I can so relate to the Toys R' Us -Home Edition. My husband is one of eight and my son is the only grandchild on my side. He gets countless toys from his tios, tias, and abuelas. I always swear that he will only get toys at Christmas and hisbirthday, but somehow I end up at Toy's R' Us every month or two. AAARRRGGHHHH! I'm going to have to rent storage space soon! lol.
BTW I've been lurking on your blog since I saw the link on Saucy and you're doing a fabulous job chronicling the journey of motherhood. Many moms are so afraid of being candid about not just the highs but also the lows and its nice to know that ALL mothers are in this together.
Thanks.
oh gorsh, gatorgirl, i can imagine...nah child, Im sure you got FAO Schwartz-The Home Edition at your house. And you say this an "only" child? Hmmmmmm....
thnx re: blog and delurking...i know i learn sooo much from my online and IRL friends and glad to know we are all in this same imperfect boat, praying to God we don't all sink! aaugh! LOL!!
JJ, just last week I did a little Spring cleaning, since some of the toys never gets played w/ b/c they're at the bottom of a toy chest.
I made one bag to throw out, and the other for goodwill.
A couple of days later Khephren asked for one of the toys I threw out (one he got at his baby shower). I admitted I threw it away and he should play w/ something else.
I can't stand the clutter (even if it's out of site in the basement).
Toys R Us -- The Home Edition. Great phrase. I know that feeling all to well myself.
Yesterday, my wife spent a little time 'cleaning up' the playroom. I'm not sure how much stuff she cleaned up, but she used a service called Freecycle.
She listed the stuff she 'cleaned up', put it on the front porch and now someone else is enjoying the toys in their playroom.
man, a toy since he was born? yup, that was ripe for purging. i think behind the back dumping is the way to go...
though aldon, thanks for the link. i'm going to check into that service for my parents who are cleaning out their basement and garage and won't have the time or energy to organize a yard/garage sale. good tip!
Post a Comment