Monday, April 23, 2007

WWF's Latest








THE FRIDAY SMACKDOWN



Friday afternoon, I fancied myself taking a novel approach at putting Jarrod to bed for a little nap by cuddling with him under the covers. Because I had a long night, unfortunately I think I fell asleep before he did. Moments into dreamland, I was awaken by the weight of pressure on both my knee caps. Then I hear this tiny voice:

"Mommy! Mommy! Watch" *SLAM*

the boy throws all of his 27 pound body onto mine which had been laying still and unsuspecting. before I can gather my wits, he scampered to the top of the bed straddled his toddler legs over my head, then again:

"Mommy! Mommy! Watch this!"

he hurls his torso over my head and does a belly flop on my tummy.*PA THUD!*

he rolls over, scurries to the top of the bed and repeats the same KAMAKAZI JUDO move OVER *PA THUD!* and OVER *PA THUD!* and OVER*PA THUD!* again until he is out of breath

and then lets out this ear piercing shriek at 179 decibel levels. It's so loud and forced that the veins in his neck bulge out. The neighbors would think I am torturing this child.

Then and then...he laughs and laughs and laughs. He returns to his cute adorable, dimpled cheeked, long-eyelashed adorable baby self.


Me, dumbfounded and awe-struck, acid reflux gurgling in my chest
wonder, where da heck did this boy learn these wrestling moves from? who is showing him World Wrestling Federation when I'm not looking?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny!!
Did he ever take that nap?

Trish Ess said...

When in doubt, blame it on the husband. ;)

JayJayGhatt said...

no, Natasha C, he never napped. Just manhandled me, that's all.

trish, ordinarily I would blame the hubby, but he doesn't watch wrestling, so I'm going to go with the brother on this one!

Miss Snarky Pants said...

I suddenly feel very thankful that my son is no fan of wrestling. :-)