Caleb goes off in a huff this morning 'cause I'm forcing him to go to school and he doesn't want to go, tells me,
"I'm going to be daddy's friend now and not yours anymore" and then he shoots me a devilish fake frown and sinister cross eyes, obviously trying to gauge my response
"So what!" I reply.
The lil bugger clearly understands, perhaps from me and Dave's joking, that there is a distinct line between daddy's boy (Jarrod) and mommy's boy (him).
This retort shows the boy's meteoric rise towards becoming a master manipulator.
This is new.
I usually get a myriad of other strange and bizarre responses to discipline.
"Oh dear. Oh dear" (he gets this one from the PBS show "Franklin", that angst filled turtle)
"I lost my appetite!" (*shrug* he says this even when we are not forcing him to eat something. we haven't figured it out yet)
"Count me out!" (sounds like something his teacher would say)
"You can't come to my birthday party!" (um, i'd be the one throwin it fellah, you really think I can't come?)
"What to do? What to do?" (the old fellah he used to be in a past life?)
6 comments:
That's too funny. :)
I love the way you write about your kids. Takes me back to when my hormonal teen was a lot more wee. Very cute.
Enough compliments to get your vote yet? ;) Oh, read your comment on the voting site.. you said you'd be back to vote after checking out other blogs..erm.. whut?! NO! That's not the way it works. As Trish's disciple (and the only one, I might add), you must know there are no others. :) And then you didn't go back and vote!! Oh, the pain! The horror! The.. oh, just get back there and vote, woman. Don't make me come over there. ;)
PS - One of the books from your "library" - Getting Things Done - The Art of Stress-Free Productivity? Yeah.. I woulda wrote that - but I couldn't figure out a way to stretch the word "delegate" out to 600 pages.
you're too much Trish. Yesterday, some kid hacked into my home network and slowed my computer down tremendously! and blogger was slow too. so....okay, i'll go back and be a good "disciple"! LOL!
re: the book, that's funny, but for real, i've incorporated a good number of tips from that book, like don't piss off people and reply immediately, so here I go! hahahaha
You underestimate Caleb. The "I lost my Apetite' comment could mean more than just food. Maybe he lost his apetite figurativley and it's for whatever else you're trying to convince him to do - nap, individual play, anything really. :)
Yes I think your Caleb is already delving into philosophy and metaphors. Lost his appetite indeed!
Aaaah yes, NatashaC and Yo, me thinks the boy is a little reincarnated philosopher indeed!
Post a Comment