Sunday, April 8, 2007
Thank God for Mobile Phones
Without mobile phones, life would be like when I was a kid and my dad would mistakenly bring home a head of cabbage instead of lettuce...AND chocolate chip cookies for diabetics... AND diet fruit punch for his skinny little girls...and all sorts of wrong things NOT on the list my mom made for him.
Unfortunately, the guy was born with the same genetic male defect that causes men to pluck items off the store shelves blindly without reading the labels carefully.
Thanks to mobile phones, after my husband leaves the house at 4:00, we get this:
4:07pm: (((ring ring). Yeah, so the Cool Ranch doritoes, that comes in the blue bag? I don't see a blue bag. I'm not getting any
4:11pm: ((ring ring)) They don't sell that butter in 16 ounces, should I get the next larger size?
4:15 pm: ((ring ring)) Um. What size diapers Jarrod wears again? 4 or 5?
4:19 pm: ((ring ring)) There's a sale on cherries. Should I pick up some?
4:22pm: ((ring ring)) Check if we have fish in the freezer. They got some Tilapia on sale. I want to get a bag.
In others news....
HAPPY EASTER!
After church, the kids hunted for plastic candy filled eggs in the backyard, then played with their Easter basket goodies while my sister went through the motions of decorating eggs with three children (hers and my two) who obviously could care less about dying eggs. My parents and brother in law came over and we ate dinner that took me 3 hours to cook (Salmon, Shake n Bake Chix (thnx Shaz), Rice and Peas, Pesto Bowtie Pasta, Spinach Salad and Tandoori onion and tomato sauce).
Just in time to remind me why I don't cook on the regular. *sigh*
My acid reflux is bugging me now 'cause I ate so darn much. I am such a glutton at holidays!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
glad to be of help! :) but awww, you didn't enjoy the cooking? oh no... for a moment there I thought I was gonna have some company for my different meal everyday experiement! :)
well...i'll just live vicariously thru you.
doe fault him nah... he rather bother you than come home for buff... i know i would.. :)
That's so true about the phone. Whenever I send the hubby to pick up a FEW items I get worried if he don't call.
:)
hmmmm. true dat. true dat. we'd save time and gas money sending him back to the store with a simple mobile-to-mobile free cell call.
Post a Comment