
It was 8pm when I came back from a "mommies that work big jobs" networking event (will blog about later). Was winding down. On the computer, catching up on email and blog posts.
There's some screaming and commotion downstairs. Ruckus. Toys being hurled across the room. Some tantrums.
I'm not trying to get into it. Dave can handle it. I'm trying to unwind.
Moments later, I hear Dave coming up the steps, "Hmm. You. You gonna go to sleep hungry!" Then he dumps my poor baby in the crib to bawl. He banished Jarrod to his bed for fighting apparently.
Of course, I couldn't leave him in there to cry. I rescue him and take him downstairs, warm up some chicken, corn and pudding
Caleb gives me the full report. "Mommy, he actually bit me on my head."
Jarrod yells at Caleb, probably in response to all the negative press he's getting. Caleb responds. "Mom, can you tell him to stop screaming? He won't stop. Beat him. Beat him!"
Dave: "Hmm. That one, starting nursery school in the fall? You gonna spend all your time in the principal's office!"
There's some screaming and commotion downstairs. Ruckus. Toys being hurled across the room. Some tantrums.
I'm not trying to get into it. Dave can handle it. I'm trying to unwind.
Moments later, I hear Dave coming up the steps, "Hmm. You. You gonna go to sleep hungry!" Then he dumps my poor baby in the crib to bawl. He banished Jarrod to his bed for fighting apparently.
Of course, I couldn't leave him in there to cry. I rescue him and take him downstairs, warm up some chicken, corn and pudding
Caleb gives me the full report. "Mommy, he actually bit me on my head."
Jarrod yells at Caleb, probably in response to all the negative press he's getting. Caleb responds. "Mom, can you tell him to stop screaming? He won't stop. Beat him. Beat him!"
Dave: "Hmm. That one, starting nursery school in the fall? You gonna spend all your time in the principal's office!"
2 comments:
lol, I thought I too would spend a lot of time in the office for my son, as he has a very smart mouth (the very intelligent kind at that!). However,he is very well behaved at school - thank goodness, and he did not even start at any organized learning facility until Kindergarten and never went to any daycare. I'm sure your boys will be fine! They sound like very smart boys from reading through your blog. Good luck with that.
Thanks, Fashionmom. That makes me feel a whole lot better. Raising children is such a fun filled challenge, but i welcome it. They put life into perspective. Never a dull moment!
Post a Comment