To date, I have showered my child's very Catholic pre-kindergarten teacher with the following:
- one Christmas goodie bag
- one Valentine's day gift bag including a 32 oz box of chocolates
- one wooden rosary from my trip to Sierra Leone, West Africa in January (her favorite piece, she's admitted. (smile))
- one wooden rosary bracelet from the family trip to Trinidad in February and the kicker,
- one copy of "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: Finding Intimacy with God in the Busyness of Life" for Easter. She absolutely loves it and cannot put it down, the teacher confessed lately.
For the teacher's aide:
assorted gift bags for each holiday season and break and most notable, an 18 x8 inch framed print of a Caribbean market scene I thought she'd appreciate because she is from a Latin country.
My work here is done. Kindergarten promotion, here we come! HAHAHAHAHA!
5 comments:
thats hilarious! I do it too!!! haha :)
the woman had the nerve to threaten to hold my boy back ( a mere 3 weeks into the school year last september) simply cause she didn't understand his idiosyncrasies
i told her things would work out in a few weeks, that he's a shy brainiac that understood the basic concepts she was teaching,but that it would take a minute for him to settle down and share them.
of course, now he is shining in all of his classwork, she knows this, but a little bribery couldn't hurt to make sure she didn't jack up my boy, Kwim?
LOL...I always say that when all else fails not to give up until you've resorted to a lil bribery.
My youngest is six years old and it's code I live by as far as his teachers are concerned.
I'm glad to know I'm not the only mommy out there who KNOWS that it does work.
i'd rather be in tnt, yes, not everyone knows "this secret". how bout we put that in a book and sell it on Oprah! hahaha!
*high five*
Post a Comment